Life can get really crazy for a WAHM / SAHM, what with kids to look after, a hubby to please, a household to run, two online businesses to manage, design deadlines to beat and finding time to take care of myself even if it means just an hour of “me time”. We all need to step back, take a good look at our life, and try to zero-in on “The Little Things” that make our day lighter, put a smile on our faces and bring warm feelings to our hearts. I plan to do a regular “The Little Things” posting for me to be reminded of what made me happy in the past (just in case life gets so overwhelming that I forget) and to constantly look out for moments that brightened my day — even in the smallest, most unexpected way.
1. Clothes Folding Board. I saw this being sold in another group buy deal, and at only P299 it was so worth it! My husband can attest to the fact that I absolutely abhor folding clothes simply because I suck at it. But with this new “toy” of mine, clothes-keeping is a breeze, even my 5 year old can do it! *Bliss*
2. Fashion Spice. I like to spice up my clothes once in awhile, especially if my mood needs a picker-upper. On few occasions, I would wear something totally out of character such as animal prints. In moderation of course. And pair these up with bright colors as opposed to my usual safe palettes which are the black and browns. The look brings back the fun in my mood and a wink from the hubby, hehe.
3. Orange Panna Cotta – My bible study bud served us this super refreshing dessert at our last class and I must say it was a perfect ending to a sumptuous lunch! I am looking for a similar recipe that I can follow, and I found this recipe on foodnetwork.com. It was one of the most refreshing desserts I have tasted recently, and I am hoping I can somehow replicate it with this recipe. Mmmmmmmm….
4. Unicorn Notebook – I am a collector of all things unicorn. This just made my day. 🙂
5. Snoopy Fair iPhone App – After a long and stressful day, this is the only game in my iPhone which I feel the need to play on a daily basis. First of all, I love the Peanuts gang. Secondly, it is the only game I don’t get bored playing. Seeing the Peanuts gang in action again just brings back fond memories of my childhood when I would read their comic strips with my grandpa Charlie.
What were the little things today that made you happy? Share them with me!